Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity of South Collin County and the Women Build program! Women Build has proven to be one of HfHSCC's most successful and anticipated build projects. You may be wondering what exactly a Women Build involves. Below is information that we hope will answer any questions you may have about the Women Build program.
- The Women Build program empowers women to build Habitat for Humanity homes, enabling them to positively impact the lives of children by making homeownership a present reality for families.
- Women Build is not about excluding men; it's about including women.
- Women are often intimidated on a "mixed" construction site; but in the comfortable environment of a Women Build site, they quickly learn construction skills.
- By planning projects where the majority of volunteers are women, Women Build involves more women in Habitat's construction efforts, thereby increasing the number of houses Habitat can build.
- When women come together in a supportive environment, they feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment and increased self-esteem.
- More than 12 million U.S. children - one in six- is living in poverty.
- Poverty is a severe threat to children's health, growth and potential.
- Women can realize they hold the solution in their hands to move children out of poverty housing.
- Women need not wait for others to address substandard housing issues. They have the capability and determination to be a part of the solution - one family at a time.
To see Women Build photos go to our Photo Gallery
If you would like more information on this project please Click Here
or contact Women Build chair Patti Fisk at [ email
] or HfHSCC Development Director Jill Smola at [ email
] or call 972-398-0634 x102.
If you would like to financially donate to the Women Build, please send your monetary donations to 1400 Summit, Suite D4, Plano, TX 75074. Please indicate that you are giving to the Women Build.